A Listbox in a grid

Patrick L. Nolan pln at cosmic.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 8 20:00:05 EST 2001

I'm writing an application using Tkinter.  I'm trying to stay
with plain Tkinter for portability.  I'm stuck on something.

One of my windows is a big grid layout with bits of text and
Checkbuttons.  It was nice until I thought of another feature
to add.  I decided it would be useful if one of the columns of
text would act like a Listbox.  So I put a Listbox in my grid,
next to a column of Checkbuttons.  It was pure joy until I
populated my window with more rows of information.  Then I
noticed a lack of alignment between the columns.  The height
of each row inside the Listbox is slightly less than the
height of the Checkbutton next to it.

It would be wonderful if I could put the Checkbuttons inside
the Listbox, or maybe if I could tell the Listbox that each
row should be as high as a Checkbutton.  So far I can't find
any way to accomplish either.  Am I stuck?

--
*   Patrick L. Nolan                                          *
*   W. W. Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratory (HEPL)       *