Canvas geometry

Hans Kristian Ruud hans.kristian.ruud at inenco.no
Thu Jan 18 13:34:39 EST 2001

Hello

      I try to retrieve the dimensions of a canvas in the following
manner:

      h = eval( self.canvas.cget('height')  )
      w = eval( self.canvas).cget('width')  )

      however this does noe yield the true values (as I have
demonstrated by this
      code):

      self.canvas.create_line(5,5,5,h-5,w-5,h-5,w-5,5,5,5,fill='red')

      The code in question is based upon the example draw3.py in
Grayson's book
      Python and Tkinter programming (Chapter 10.2)

      How do I retrieve the "true" extensions of the canvas?

      På forhånd takk ( Thanks in advance )

      - hans kristian -