Python programmer needed (addition to urllib2 and HTTPS support)

Albert Chin-A-Young china at nospam.com
Wed Jan 31 02:30:57 EST 2001

We're in need of a contract Python programmer for the following:
  1. Allow connecting to a host with urlopen() which requires
     BASIC HTTP authentication with a proxy (via urllib2.py).
     This should address bug #125217:
     http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=125217&group_id=5470
  2. Allow connecting to a host with urlopen() which requires
     BASIC HTTP authentication with a proxy that requires
     BASIC HTTP authentication (via urllib2.py).
  3. Support for non-authenticated clients to connect to a
     HTTPS server
  4. Support for a client to authenticate the HTTPS host (to
     verify that it's certificate is valid)

What we might consider adding (depends on cost):
  1. Support for authenticated clients to connect to a HTTPS server.

Please note that solutions to the four items above must be rolled back
into the main Python distribution (implies the "community" and the
Python developers need to agree on the adopted solution).

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword dot com)