Python ActiveX Scripting Engine raising Unicode errors

Syver Enstad syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com
Thu Jan 18 15:18:54 EST 2001

> This is too weird: I just renamed pySQL.py, checked that there is no
pySQL.*
> file *anywhere* on my disks, and the ASP page still claims to be seeing an
> error in it!

In my experience imported modules stay in memory until you unload the IIS
application or restart the w3svc service. You can also make an asp page with
reload statements for the relevant modules as long as this asp page is
situated in the same application.

> Clearly some weird cacheing going on here.

Yes!

Regarding the unicode error, you probably try to process characters outside
the 128 ascii characters, is it possible that some international characters
have been entered into the text field?