How robust is Python ?

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Fri Jan 5 22:17:48 EST 2001

On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 18:40:41 GMT, rturpin at my-deja.com wrote:

> That's an interesting comment. We're planning an "always
> up" application, that launches at boot, runs until next
> restart or shutdown, and does a lot of work in between.
> I'd like to use Python. I've been working under the
> assumption that it is adequately robust for this purpose.
>
> Does anyone want to caution me on this?

You might have misunderstood my English. X is just as T as Y means
T(x) >= T(y). Python is vey robust. However, personally I wouldn't
trust *any* language for that. Have a every-minute cron which resurrects
it if it isn't up? That means you're as stable as either Python or
the OS infrastructure, whichever is better.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.