Curses module for Python 2.0 for Windows NT

Mats Wichmann xyzmats at laplaza.org
Wed Jan 17 09:13:23 EST 2001

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:23:42 +0100, jurgen.defurne at philips.com wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I am busy automating tasks across some Windows NT workstations, where
>I control another program (Continuus/CM, if any one knows that).
>Unfortunately, that control is not that easy. Ihave built a GUI interface,
>but I am not really satisfied with it, so I want to simplify it somewhat so that
>it can run in a DOS box using curses. Is there a curses add-on available
>for the Win32 binaries ? It sure isn't part of the distribution I am using,
>which is still the BeOpen version of Python 2.0

Problem is not with Python, but with missing the piece that the curses
module depends on: curses itself.

I haven't seen anything recently that indicates curses-on-Windows
available cleanly.  There was a console application noted here not too
long ago that might be usable; the GNU project page for curses
indicates that a solid Windows port is still a whishlist item.
Nonetheless, vim works very well on Windows so someone out there has
presumably done the necessary work.

Mats Wichmann

(Anti-spam stuff: to reply remove the "xyz" from the
address xyzmats at laplaza.org. Not that it helps much...)