curly-brace-aphobic?

Grant Griffin not.this at seebelow.org
Mon Jan 29 09:35:42 EST 2001

C.Laurence Gonsalves wrote:

> I'm not sure why you need to be reminded whether something is a sequence
> or a dictionary.

I guess it's because sequences and dictionaries are conceptually very
different.  (You can tell, because we have a special word just to
characterize "sequences". <wink>)  Both conceptually and in terms of how
they are manipulated, lists, tuples, and strings are all much more
similar to each other than dictionaries are to any of them.  It helps me
when reading code (even my own) to be reminded of the difference.  (I am
the proud owner of a skull of strictly limited size.)

or-maybe-it's-just-because-I-learned-perl-first-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com