Calling Java Code from CPython (1.5.2 or 2.0)

Keith Ray k1e2i3t4h5r6a7y at 1m2a3c4.5c6o7m
Sat Jan 20 18:12:41 EST 2001

In article <9471cn$smc$1 at violet.singnet.com.sg>, ngps at post1.com (Ng
Pheng Siong) wrote:

> According to Keith Ray  <k1e2i3t4h5r6a7y at 1m2a3c4.5c6o7m>:
> > I could also imagine a CPython module using JNI functions and Java
> > reflection to do a more general-purpose bridge for python. Create
> > python
> > objects that are bridges to java objects. Forwarding python method
> > calls
> > to the java objects, converting basic CPython types into Java
> > equivalents for argument passing...
>
> Take a look at Inter-Language Unification (ILU):
>
>     ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html

Yes, I've looked at that in the past. I was thinking of a light-weight
bridge like the Objective-C <-> Java bridge that Apple implement in the
open-source Darwin code, WebObjects, and MacOS X.

see

<http://devworld.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Cocoa/ProgrammingTopics/JavaBr
idge/JavaBridge.5.html>

and

<http://devworld.apple.com/techpubs/webobjects/System/Documentation/Devel
oper/WebObjects/Topics/ProgrammingTopics.b.html>

--
       <http://homepage.mac.com/keithray/resume.html>