Python Design Patterns (was Re: Should I learn Python or Java?)

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Thu Jan 11 20:05:05 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 11:55:04AM -0600, Stephen Boulet wrote:
| Brian Zhou wrote:
[snip]

| Can anyone recommend some literature about design patterns that would be
| helpful to someone learning to program python?

There's always the Gang of Four book "Design Patterns".  For the
examples they use mostly C++ with some Smalltalk.  Some things would
be implemented quite different in python (such as Singleton) due to
python's nice dynamic nature.

I'm interested to know if there is any literature re Python specific
design patterns (or the Pythonic way of implementing the Gang of
Four's patterns).

-D