data structure/algorithm in python

Mohd Zamri Murah zamri at sun1.ftsm.ukm.my
Fri Jan 19 22:10:45 EST 2001

I am on my second stage of learning python. ( done the tutorial, read the
O'Reilly book, browse the library references, did smallish programs, etc)

Now, I am interested in how to implement certain algoritms/data structure in
python (binary tree, b++, avl, queue, etc)[1]. since there are yet any "data
structure/algorithm in python" book, do reading "data structure/agorithm in
java/C++" help? (get the basic idea from the book and try to implement it in
python) Or, the python <-> C++/Java have too much differences that reading
about data structure/algorithm in C++/Java will only confuse learning the
same thing in python?

hope to do; read Knuth's "fundamental algorithms" and able to "swing" an
algorithm/data structure with a blink of an eye.

zamri

[1] have seem a few binary tree, avl but each with difference
syntax/approach and very confusing for a newbie.