How to extend sys.path on Win9x permanently?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue Jan 30 16:40:14 EST 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:44:51 +1300, "Mark Hadfield"
<m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz> wrote:

>> Registry?
>Yes. Take a look at the registry branch rooted at (for version 2.0)
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.0\PythonPath

Yes, it works.

To be exact, it's the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.0\PythonPath\win32
key on my machine. It adds the extra path both in Python/DOS and
PythonWin. I had searched the registry but somehow overlooked it.

But what I like much better is the solution to put MYLIBS.PTH into the
Python dir. See thread.

Martin