Neophyte looking for good books on Python

laura_01 at my-deja.com laura_01 at my-deja.com
Sat Jan 20 18:01:31 EST 2001

Hi,
That's an interesting idea you suggest on price point, and I think it
can work for e-books.  In this particular case, I can say (as Fredrik
did) that Mark's 2nd edition is completely new (I'd say 80% new).
Therefore, it will be like buying a new book anyway.
Laura
LLewin at oreilly.com

In article <980023572.27042 at iris.nyx.net>,
  sarayu balu <sbalu at nyx.net> wrote:
> laura_01 at my-deja.com wrote:
> : Hi! The next edition of "Programming Python" by Mark Lutz is due
out in
> : early March,
> : if you can wait about a month.
>
> : Laura
> : LLewin at oreilly.com
>
> I have the old edition of "Programming Python" by Mark Lutz.
> I do not know if Oreilly suggests that I pay the full price
> for this new edition. These days, there seems to be a newer
> edition so often, that we programmers have become suckers
> for the publishing company. Java is the classical example.
>
> Oreilly should take the leadership in this area, in selling
> newer editions at substantial discounts for owners of older
> editions, or follow Bruce Eckel's model of putting the whole
> book on the web. What do you folks think ?
> -sb
> --
> Dr.Sarayu Balu,M.D.,FAAP			Tel.(802)888-2448
> Ryder Brook Pediatrics,
> P.O.Box 608, Morrisville, VT 05661.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/