Migrating to perl?

Joel Ricker joejava at dragonat.net
Sat Jan 6 18:44:25 EST 2001

Alex Martelli wrote in message <937o8801nva at news1.newsguy.com>...
>"Joel Ricker" <joejava at dragonat.net> wrote in message
>news:j4t56.1073$4Z.78460 at news2.atl...
>    [snip]
>> An Excel interface may be a possibility as well.  I know that there is
>work
>> on an Excel module for perl thats coming along nicely -- only write
>> capabilities for now though.
>
>Write-only?  Seems _just_ the right job for Perl, then:-).
>
>[Yah, yah, I know, we're not supposed to badmouth the competition, but
>the coincidence with the thread's peculiar subject was irresistible...].

[I realized I should have said *from perl* instead of *to perl* the instant
I clicked post.  I tried running after it in an attempt to stop it.  Almost
caught up with it at my ISP but the light changed and it was gone...]

I had dreams of expanding that module to read Excel files.  Guess now I'll
just do a Find-and-Replace on my todo list from "in Perl' to "in Python".

Joel