Problem Install UPDATE

Cesar Rabak csrabak at uol.com.br
Sat Jan 27 11:07:48 EST 2001

Ben Ocean wrote:

> Hi;
> Okay, I see how you traced back the error. I took off the angle brackets in
>
> # include linux/errno.h
>
> and got this error message:
>
> /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: `#include' expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>

Humm it seems that this FILENAME (and perhaps the whole errno.h at this
location) is built by a script which may be failing in the generation of
this name.

> I tried
>
> # include linux/errno.h <FILENAME>
>
> and
>
> # include linux/errno.h FILENAME
>
> but maybe it would like a real filename <g>. Got the same error message.
> Where to now?

You must to figure out one of:

1) Why the scripts/Makefile/etc. did generate the correct line (and the
name in it);

2) Discover what is the include file supposed to be there and write the
appropriate filename (and with the appropriate quoting ["" or <>]).

HTH

Cesar