wyPython

Coy Krill ckrill at qvlinc.com
Sat Jan 20 22:12:16 EST 2001

Doug Farrell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to hear what people think of wyPython and any experience they've
> had with it, in particular as to how it compares to useing other GUI tookits
> like Tcl/Tk for instance.
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

I've tried it.  It seems nice.  I don't like the printing support, especially
cross-platform.  That said, I don't use it and probably won't.  I've used and
prefer PyQt.  There are licensing issues for those who want to distribute the
Qt libs for Windows apps (i.e. you have to purchase a commercial license of
BlackAdder from thekompany.com) but the pricing is quite reasonable.  It is of
course free for linux or any other platform where Qt is free.  I highly
recommend it for Open Source developers and use it for home stuff all the time.

Coy