Command language definition

Rolf FISCHER fischer at intes.de
Wed Jan 17 02:53:19 EST 2001

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Andreas Jung wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 07:59:56AM +0100, Rolf Fischer wrote:
> > Or is there a combination with another tool that you would recommend ?
>
> hm...please be a bit more detailed...
>
> Andreas

Thanks for the reply

if you want to build a grammar, the basic problem is a syntax definition and
the check of its validity
i.e

command:=   keyword [parameter = value]

To setup a command with parameters and values requires a syntax analysis.
My first (and very raw) impression on python was, that the tool has excellent
capabilites in easy programming, but I didn't see anything the like to check a
syntax or to define one. This is why I asked for additional tools.

Best regards
Rolf