Problems with py-indent-region in XEmacs

Thomas A. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Mon Jan 8 19:13:39 EST 2001

redhouse at my-deja.com wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> The thing I'm doing is that I am taking a parm list and assigning each
> parameter to a class data member of the same name. I have an elisp
> function which is just a glorified macro to do this,

I'm guessing that you're also an (X)Emacs fan.

You could start on the def line with something like this:

(defun next-line-indent()
  (interactive)
  (back-to-indentation)
  (next-line 1)
  (forward-char-command 4)
)

> very frequently and was trying to speed it up.

Never type something twice when you can program it once, right?

laziness-is-one-the-first-great-virtues-of-a-programmer*-ly yours
---Tom

*_Programming_Perl_, p. 609