Modifying .htpasswd from Python?

Gustaf Liljegren gustafl at algonet.se
Mon Jan 22 15:15:47 EST 2001

sholden at holdenweb.com (Steve Holden) wrote:

>Another poster has already told you why you don't find it: it must be
>configured in, which doesn't happen by default.

What is the reason to leave out some modules? At least you won't save
processing time, since modules has to be imported anyway using the import
statement.

>Note also that you should not expect to find crypt on Windows systems
>since it relies on the Unix crypt() library routine.

I'll use this in a CGI script in UNIX. The server is on a web hotel, so I
guess there is no possibility other than asking the Python administrator to
recompile it with this module included, right? Or can I put only crypt in
my own directory?

Gustaf