ZODB and Python 2.0

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Fri Jan 12 22:25:00 EST 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:02:36 -0500, Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:
>[Steve Menard]
>> So finally, my question is this : Why isn;t ZODB available as a separate
>> package using the distutils?
>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/zodb/

That's not really going to help if he's on Windows without a compiler.
Someone needs to download the code and run "python setup.py
bdist_wininst"; I have no idea if it'll work, but it's worth a try.

Paul Prescod also recently reported compiling ZODB for Windows and
offered to mmake binaries available.  Paul, if you want to provide a
pointer to them, I'll add a copy to the SourceForge site.

--amk