HELP! win32com, COM, Invoke problem

TB tblin at my-deja.com
Tue Jan 2 21:31:32 EST 2001

> You may have trouble with an OCX.  Python doesn't really support them.
> Pythonwin does to some degree - check out pywin\demos\ocx.

Well, it sounds like a naive question but what does it take to have
python support OCX? the reason here is that if it doesn't provide a
drop-in replace VBScript/JScript, it's hard to have the management's
(sorry, you know that)  buy-in on using it. Plus, it's nice to have this
feature anyway.

I tried to read something about COM and etc, but the info I'm getting is
just overwhelmingly complex. could you shed some light on how does VB
use OCX? and why it's different from other things (that win32com that
currently support) ?

Any plan to support OCX in win32com in the future? I'd like to help but
I guess I have a lot to learn even before I can make sense of what
you've done. Any suggest reading to begin with? I'm more of a
unix/perl/java guy and do some VB but never went seriously into C++ on
Windows.

Do you think it makes sense to manually write some wrappers to solve
this immediate problem? any idea how to do that (w/o going into C++ and
pyd) ?

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

--TB

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/