Speed of Python vs. Perl

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Sat Jan 6 14:43:06 EST 2001

AndroidMonkey wrote:

> In the last Maximum Linux magazine, there was an article about using Perl
> for a car MP3 player.  It got me wondering - What's the speed of Python like
> compared to Perl? I've never used Perl before, so I hope someone could
> answer my question here. Thanks  -vm

What's the relationship between performance and suitability for a car
MP3 player? I'd think even something as slow as JavaScript would be
applicable for that task. There is already a car MP3 player written in
Python! The company that did it was bought by S3.

http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue63/3420.html

 Paul