How do I know all thrown exceptions of a function?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 20 19:04:11 EST 2001

gradha at iname.com writes:

> However, how can I know the built-in exceptions a function my throw?

I'd say this is under-documented. If you can contribute documentation
listing exceptions for these functions, that would be much
appreciated (submit patches to sourceforge.net/projects/python).

Normally, it should be clear what exceptions can be thrown by looking
at the parameters and what the function does. It still may throw
non-intuitive exceptions, which is then either a bug or an
undocumented feature :-(

Regards,
Martin