using snack to eat an mp3 stream

Kare Sjolander kare at speech.kth.se
Fri Jan 5 09:40:46 EST 2001

Unfortunately this is not possible using Snack and Python currently. I'm
working on a more native version of Snack for Python which will make such
functionality possible.

If you can resort to Tcl for this task the following snippet is a
complete audio server.
It even plays multiple simultaneous mp3 streams.

proc Cmd {sock args} {
  set snd [snack::sound -channel $sock]
  $snd play -command "[list close $sock];$snd destroy"
}
socket -server Cmd 23654

Kare