Tkinter: manipulating data in 'entry' widgets.

jerry keeney jerryleekeeney at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 19:44:22 EST 2001

Hopefully this is'nt a repeat of an oft discussed
item:

I have a Tkinter program with 3 entry widgets.  I
would like to take the numbers entered in the first
two, total them and display them in the 3rd (or even
just as a label).

I believe the idea is to capture the entry with a
DoubleVar, but beyond that I'm not sure.

I have been perusing the various places on the web
discussing Tkinter, and I cannot find that sort of
detail.  Any pointers where I can get this info on the
web??

Thanks