python compiled to native in less than a year?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Jan 15 19:23:02 EST 2001

"s" <slhath at flash.net> wrote in message
news:GqH86.6041$J%.605518 at news.flash.net...
> I believe that you are mistaken...the IL is NOT MS specific and is not
tied
> to any specific platform or chipset.  Some company should easily be able
> take IL and create a compiler that will work on Linux, Unix, Mac, etc.
>
> Scott

Yes, of course, Microsoft would never *dream* of building Windows-specific
functionality into their products. Not.

It's been very amusing reading all MS's publicity for .NET.  Everything
which was bad is now good, and old technologies have suddeny become new.
Not to mention that wonderful new language they are offering.  C#? Just say
no.  Furthermore, bad as Visual Basic was, VB.NET is going to be a heck of a
lot worse.

Perhaps Sun will write their own C# compiler and put Solaris-specific
features in it, then Microsoft will sue them and ... no, no, I can't even
think about it!

if-there's-nothing-new-under-the-sun-there's-even-less-new-under-the-windows
-ly y'rs  - steve