Python on Win 98

David A. Fuess fuess at att.net
Tue Jan 30 09:35:28 EST 2001

Looks to me like a pathing problem if the line was entered from the
command prompt. Make sure you have a path to python.exe in your %PATH
environment variable or put python.exe in one of the paths already in
%PATH. then, from the directory containing hello.py enter the
following in a "DOS" window:
	python hello.py

Also, it looks like you may have typed the
"c:\programming\python20>python hello.py" line in your pythonwin
interactive window? If you did, don't. From the interactive window you
may have to "import hello" if it is not already in your name space. It
will run on importing.

Dave