BeOpen 2.0 vs ActiveState?

Rolander, Dan Dan.Rolander at marriott.com
Fri Jan 19 08:55:38 EST 2001

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the two different Win32 distributions,
BeOpen vs. ActiveState. Why should I choose one over the other? The
ActiveState distro is nice to include some of the critical Win32 extensions,
but the thing I don't like about it is the requirement for an agreement with
them to redistribute. If I'm building solutions for others and want to
distribute the Python libraries along with my source code, I don't want to
have to get permission from ActiveState to do that first.

What do others think?

Thanks,
Dan