Python vs Ruby

bowman bowman at montana.com
Wed Jan 24 09:42:50 EST 2001

James Lockley <jpl at global.co.za> wrote in message
news:94mdkd$222e$1 at news.adamastor.ac.za...
> Just been reading a "Ruby centric" comparison of Ruby vs Python on:
> http://helium.ruby-lang.org/en/compar.html
> would be interested to hear the Pythonista view....

I switch hit between Perl and Python depending on the phase of the moon. I
haven't seen the reason to replace Perl with Ruby yet. Not to be
anglocentric,  but Ruby seems to be a Japanese phenomenon to a large part. I
can pick my way through German, Italian, and Spanish documentation with more
or less facility, but a Japanese tutorial is above me.

If you want to play with something out of the mainstream, and are on Linux,
try Pike.