Of the topic -- Windows question

Kemp Randy-W18971 Randy.L.Kemp at motorola.com
Thu Jan 11 13:23:28 EST 2001

Since some of you are windows com programmers, maybe you can tell me what this program is.

I have a home build computer running and AMD motherboard, with a 1 gigahertz processor, and Windows ME.

After windows boots up, and before the icons are displayed, the system stalls sometimes with a blank blue screen.

If I do a control, alt, delete, I get a window that it's running a program called Cmdinist.  If I cancel it, it boots up as normal.

1.  Does anyone know what Cmdinist does?
2. Has anyone else encountered a program like I have?