Internet C++ and Python?

Jürgen A. Erhard juergen.erhard at gmx.net
Mon Jan 15 13:26:54 EST 2001

    Mike> I just discovered something interesting in the German
    Mike> “Linux Magazin” (12/200 p. 88). It is called Internet
    Mike> C++ which is something like Java just for C++.
    Mike> There is a virtual machine named icvm.

[...]

    Mike> There seem to be some remaining problems:
    Mike> - no support for shared libraries (yet)
    Mike> - no threads (yet)
    Mike> - no GPL but open source which is free for free OSes only (similar to
    Mike> OpenMotif) and the source can only be changed with permission of the
    Mike> original author (Information form “Linux Magazin” article by Tom Schwaller
    Mike> (mentioned above) not from the IC++ homepage)

It's not GPL... and going by your description (haven't seen the
article, though I'm pretty sure I have the issue of the Linux
Magazin), it's also not Free Software/Open Source.

Which makes it completely uninteresting for me... and also in the
context of using it with Python, I think.

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard at gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html