Problems with py-indent-region in XEmacs

redhouse at my-deja.com redhouse at my-deja.com
Fri Jan 5 22:58:40 EST 2001

How can I get XEmacs to change this:

def foo():
    a=5
b=6
c=7

into

def foo():
    a=5
    b=6
    c=7

py-indent-region just leaves it the way it is. When I hit tab line by
line from the top, the right thing happens. I understand the the
indentation has meaning, but I want to be able to paste in a def and
then have XEMacs fix the code. What's up with this?

It seems that py-indent-region (whose source code is badly indented as
well!) does a worse job in this scenario than a naive macro would. Is
there a function which does what I want?

-Carter

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/