Interested in a Crypto-SIG?

Bryan Mongeau bryan at eevolved.com
Sat Jan 27 17:18:05 EST 2001

Michael Ströder wrote:

> The mailing list on egroups could be a start. But I would prefer
> something which looks more "official" and is tied closer to Python
> activities itself. I'm willing to act as a SIG-coordinator.
>
> > and the main issue is probably developer time.
>
> Yes. But everybody can save time if it's not necessary any more to
> reinvent wheel for every crypto package.
>
> Ciao, Michael.

This is a commendable initiative, Michael, that I support fully. If I
weren't tied up in a giant project I would gladly donate some of my time as
well.

Please keep me posted of any developments on this front so I might be able
to adhere to / retrofit any crypto SIG standards. I'm also available for
input should you appreciate that.

And yes, I hate wheels too. I've invented too many of them. :)

--
Bryan Mongeau

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense
that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"--
Einstein