do python programmers avoid the mac?

Pete p at mjs400.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 18:05:10 EST 2001

Hi Fredrik

Played with python on mac OS 9 for a few months...lots of loud noises
(me when it crashes again.) I'm thinking that with far fewer
developer-eyes off the main-stream this thing is never going to be
stable enough...I'll be patient and hope that Mac OS X is a more of a
hit with the technical bods that matter.

Although thinking about Mr Job's promise of OS X being a first-class
Java environment and exposing lots of neat OS features, perhaps Jython
could be the answer?

Ta