Command line argument !@#%*!!1?

David Lees deblNoSpammy at theworld.com
Wed Jan 31 00:24:41 EST 2001

On the same line as the script name.  If the script is named foo.py and
it has a command line argument that you wish to give value 'mumble' then
you enter:

foo.py mumble

It sounds like you need some help on Python basics.
You should take a look at one of the books on Python, such as 'Learning
Python' by Lutz and Ascher or perhaps one such as Alan Gauld's new book
oriented toward beginners: 'Learn to Program Using Python'.

There are also some online tutorials such as:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/

or better yet, go to http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html and look at
the intro stuff there.

David Lees