Using Python COM objects from C++

Arpad Kiss sekter at matavnet.hu
Fri Jan 12 08:34:55 EST 2001

Syver Enstad <syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com> wrote in message
news:ixe76.2667$k25.38410 at news1.oke.nextra.no...
> I don't know if this has been answered before here but..
>
> I know how to call the python COM object using "pure" IDispatch, but is it
> possible to make a type library and ensure that the Python class
> implementing the COM complies with it?
>
> The problem would be the dispatch id's as far as I can see. I don't know
how
> to specify the dispatch id's that the method's in the python object should
> have.
It depends on the used policy. I got a tlb generator script(may be I found
it on the mailing list of the starship crew?) and I made some modification
on it and it worked with DesignatedWrapPolicy. But I don't found it at the
moment. My aim was to catch events generated by Python COM object in Visal
Basic, but it didn't work for me, although otherwise I could use this
generated tlb in VB.
Arpad Kiss