Tkinter vs wxPython: your opinions?

Dethe Elza delza at antarcti.ca
Thu Jan 25 12:37:17 EST 2001

Purely anecdotal information:

I was building a simple app in wxPython on Windows because I'd heard Tkinter
was 'too slow.'
Things were relatively OK, but when I tried to run it on Linux some
functions were not yet
implemented and the program would coredump frequently.  wxPython/wxWindows
is a swiftly
moving target, so these problems may well be fixed now.  But I ported to
Tkinter and it's been
fast enough for my limited needs, and with Tkinter 3000 I expect it to be
even faster (haven't had
time to test that yet, perhaps this weekend).

Using Tkinter also has the advantage that it will work on my antique Mac Duo
which my 4-year
old daughter uses for games.  This is pretty crucial for me, since what I'm
writing is basically a
game for her.

--Dethe

news:3A6F899F.E164F628 at home.com...