I will kill my Python

Nils Hensel nils.hensel at online.de
Sat Jan 20 12:08:12 EST 2001

I know that but thanks for telling me anyhow. He didn't say only a single
.exe file, but what serious program can be packed completely into a
single.exe ? And even then your exe would still call the Windows dlls. He
said he was looking for another "easy animal" so would you want to convince
him using C++ ?
If you want to use such an elegant, dynamic and rapidly-coded language like
Python, installing the runtime is the price you have to pay!
And besides developing is very different in VB and in Python.

Nils

"Grant Edwards" <grante at visi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:WV0a6.745$eI2.252250 at ruti.visi.com...
> In article <947r18$rdt$1 at news.online.de>, Nils Hensel wrote:
>
> >If an exe is your single concern then perhaps you should better stick
with
> >VB.
>
> As if running an exe file generated by VB doesn't require that
> a whole slew of DLLs and other cruft be installed.  It's no
> different than Python.
>
> --
> Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  It was a JOKE!!
Get