Relational Databases and Python

Daniel Dittmar daniel.dittmar at sap.com
Thu Jan 18 04:12:11 EST 2001

> 2) it has Python bindings, but these are for now binary-only and for
> Python 1.5.2

True, but if anybody needs them for 2.0, I could provide binaries for any of
the supported platforms. It's just a hassle to build them automatically for
both versions.

> 3) the Python bindings are not DB-API compliant but "something
> completely different"

True as well. There exists a module implementing the API which is about 90%
complete (and which got posted to the SAP DB mailing list). But as there
wasn't a general outcry for this missing piece, I hadn't shifted my
priorities into that direction.

Daniel Dittmar

--
Daniel Dittmar