Database-like module in Python?

Def P def-p at usa.net
Fri Jan 26 04:18:24 EST 2001

Hi,

I started working on a program for storing and retrieving miscellaneous bits
of information. I don't really want to use a "real" database like Oracle
though; I would prefer something Pythonic. In fact, a dictionary would do, if
not for memory problems; having all the information in memory at the same time
is not an option, because the collection of data might grow quite large.
(Speed is not so important.)

Is there something database-like written in Python that I can use? I looked at
dbm & friends, can they be used for this purpose? (I don't know much about
them; since I am not on Unix, only dumbdbm seems to work for me.)

TIA,

Def P