BeOpen 2.0 vs ActiveState?

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Sun Jan 21 14:03:41 EST 2001

Tim Hammerquist wrote:

> > And yet Python and Perl were both created and developed for years without
> license restrictions.  Why does it cost so much more for your
> company to slap its name on someone else's creation than it does for
> someone to develop it from scratch in the first place?

Tim Peters has answered better than I could have (he's good at that).
I'll take up some of the details with you in email. The only other thing
I'll add is that Tim's opinions seem to be shared by Guido and Larry
Wall (in the Perl world). Both consider ActiveState an important ally
taking Python and Perl places that the languages would not otherwise
go...

 Paul Prescod