Displaying HTMLs with Tkinter

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jan 18 10:47:48 EST 2001

In article <946n3c$p48$1 at news.nuri.net>, June Kim wrote:

>> > The Tk module indeed does have the capability to display HTML.
>> > If you look in the Demos/www directory in the standard Python
>> > distribution, try running "www8.py file:<filename>" and
>> > "www12.py file:<filename>". [end of quote]
>
>The tkinter demos from Python 1.5.2 spit out raw html texts to text widgets.
>If you want to interpret and show them like a web browser, just as
>wxHTMLWindow does, you'd better look for Grail or PySol.
>However, PySol's tkhtml doesn't seem work very well with general HTMLs --
>it's too slow and heavy. Haven't tried Grail yet.

The STk (Scheme/Tk) package contains rudimentary browser code
that renders HTML onto a canvas widget (display of GIF images
is supported). It should be fairly easy to translate it into
Python.  I don't recall if it supports tables, forms or
anything fancy like that.

  http://kaolin.unicr.fr/STk/

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I've been WRITING
                                  at               to SOPHIA LOREN every 45