curses, python20/152, RH70/62, postgresql problems

ssthapa at harper.uchicago.edu ssthapa at harper.uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 21 14:19:18 EST 2001

Sean Reifschneider <jafo-pythonlist at tummy.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 03:44:49PM +0000, dubal at my-deja.com wrote:
>>First we tried to install the Beopen Py20 rpm on
>>RedHat 7.0. It looks for some old libs and
>>doesn't install.
>
>Ugh.  Yeah, I found the BeOpen RPM to be lacking.  I've got a copy I've tweeked
>a bit, in particular it includes SSL support in the sockets, and doesn't stick
>Python in /usr/local/bin.  You can download the SRPM from:

    I also have modified source rpms for rh7.  If you want to recompile
python 2.0 from source the thing yu should be aware of is that libdb is
actually the db3 lib on rh7.  You need to change the includes for db.h
to point to db1/db.h and change the -ldb to -ldb1.  I can send you my
spec file and the patches to create a binary rpm for python 2 if you want
them.

Suchandra Thapa                       | "There are only two kinds of math .
s-thapa-11 at NOSPAMalumni.uchicago.edu  | books. Those you cannot read beyond