How to hide Tkinter mouse pointer?

Etienne Burlereaux etienne.burlereaux at tts.thomson-csf.com
Thu Jan 25 11:17:01 EST 2001

Help !

My application creates a full-screen Tkinter Tk root window.
I must hide the mouse pointer.
I don't know empty cursor among those provided by Tkinter.

I thought of 2 solutions :

1. either define a new Tk empty cursor and set it,

2. or perform X11 actions on this window which are not available thru
Tkinter.
I could create a C extension module to get the following X11 pieces of
information :
    X11 Type                Info
    Display*                  Current display
    Window                   Window id corresponding to previous
Tkinter.Tk root window
But I don't know how to pass X11 reference of my window and current
display!

I don't know if one of these solutions can be done and I don't know how
to !
Any other idea welcome.

Would anyone know how to do ?

Many thanks