PyMacs vs. Pym (was: Pyditor, Text editor fully extendible in python a la' Emacs)

Bob Calco rcalco at cortechs.com
Mon Jan 29 09:07:33 EST 2001

Paul:

# You just haven't looked hard enough.  Go to http://www.xemacs.org,
# scroll right to the bottom of the page, and look at the news for
# 1999-09-29!

Well I'll be! Now that is news, albeit relatively old news. All along, elisp
has been the answer. I must have searched before I had my coffee!

I think I'm going to give my elisp interpreter a work out doing some serious
regression testing of coffee.el this morning before I start posting messages
doubting the Mighty Emacs and its deriviatives.

As an aside, maybe its because the subject matter is deeply personal to me,
but for the first time, all those ()'s notwithstanding, upon reading
coffee.el, lisp looks a lot like Python (or is that vice versa?). OK, I'll
go get some cofee now... ;)

Can-your-Vim-do-that?-ly Yours,

Bob "the Language/Editor Flame War Provocateur" Calco