Editor font in IDLE (Linux)

Martin Franklin martin.franklin at westerngeco.com
Wed Jan 24 08:57:46 EST 2001

Gilles,

Could you check if you have permission to overwrite the EditorWindow.pyc
file
I suspect that your changes are picked up not being used. I just changed
it
to Courier 24 on my RedHat 6.2 box and it looks massive!  The other
place you
could try is in the PyShell.py file under line 711...
    root = Tk()
    font='Courier 24'
    root.option_add('*font', font)

This will change it for all widgets.... including the menu and the edit
window
and the python shell etc

Hope this helps.
Martin