[Off topic] allowed to put Python material on the Web?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sat Jan 27 20:42:06 EST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:57:31 -0500, "Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic at nomadicsltd.com>
wrote in comp.lang.python in article <t76rcujhrg4aa0 at corp.supernews.com>:

:
:For any of the above, what happens when one switches medium, for example to
:publish a book? Do newsgroup posts and or e-mails demand news permissions?

I would say, you definitely need to get author's permissions before publishing
in a book. I'm not a lawyer, but I would be plenty ticked off if someone were
selling my advice, examples and code without asking my permission! (And I
might reasonably deny it. Depends on the code, of course.)

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/