Grab text from html with user and pass???

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 8 09:42:36 EST 2001

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001 09:52:57 GMT, "Paul Goodyear"
<paul at gudge.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I am trying to pull out a Ip address from a .html file,
>
>I have done this successfully already BUT,
>
>The site has a password, the username is blank and the pass word is ****
>blah blah
>
>When I run the
>
>[code]      url.urlopen('http://www.blah.com/ip.html')
>
>all I get is "Enter username for ** at ** :"   if i press just return I am
>then asked for the password, after entering the password the process just
>keeps repeating.
>
>I know for well that the password is correct, I just need it to accept a
>blank username

Probably the problem is something else so this won't help, but
it couldn't hurt to try: You can specify the url as

url.urlopen('http://username:password@www.blah.com/ip.html')

or maybe it's

url.urlopen('http://password:username@www.blah.com/ip.html')