Interested in a Crypto-SIG?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sun Jan 28 13:15:08 EST 2001

"A.M. Kuchling" wrote:

> In any case, making something a SIG as opposed to just a mailing list
> will not magically free up more of people's time to work on the SIG's
> deliverable.

Yes, I'm aware of all the dead Python-SIGs, SourceForge projects
etc.

Yes, I'm also sick of people trying to let others do their homework
by founding an Open Source initiative.

Yes, I know how much work a reasonable crypto API for Python is.

But there are people currently working on this stuff (e.g. M2Crypto,
some commercial projects). This is my try to coordinate the work
which is already done to save our time!

A.M., is this clear enough?

Ciao, Michael.