Python

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 19:43:16 EST 2001

On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 20:26:29 GMT, Erik de Castro Lopo <nospam at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
>Kai Henningsen wrote:
>>
>> fjh at cs.mu.oz.au (Fergus Henderson)  wrote on 31.12.00 in <92m66n$9g6$1 at mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>:

>> > Could you elaborate?  What don't you like about Python?
>>
>> Different amounts of white space has semantic meaning. That's one of the
>> worst possible design decisions to take, and I had hoped FORTRAN had cured
>> people from that idea; but it seems not. Anyway, it makes me want to lose
>> the contents of my stomach, pretty much literally.
>
>I too hated that idea until I seriously tried cutting
>some Python code. Now I quite like it.

My experience is similar.

I stood off learning Python for a year, because I had misgivings about
its indentation policy.

But once I learnt it, I liked it. Now it is my prefered language.

--
*****[ Phil Hunt ***** philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk ]*****
"An unforseen issue has arisen with your computer. Don't worry your