Threading.Event w/ timeout veeeeeery slow on win32?

chris liechti cliechti at mails.ch
Wed Jul 11 16:41:58 EDT 2001

what is the timeout value?
i've had problems with time.sleep() when using values smaller than 20ms
(0.02). I'm now using 30ms wich works fine.

it seems that windows has a time resulution of 10ms or worse...

(details: when i ran the old code with time.sleep(0.01) the program got
very slow and the win NT4.0 taskmanager told that [File] Explorer is
getting 30% of CPU power. this number must be totaly wrong because its an
other process and my programm does not use files or any other things that
would require the Explorer. moral: don't count on windows if it get near
10ms )

chris
cliechti at mails.ch

Ville Vainio <vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi> wrote in